Special alert for traveling gourmands! This August the popular KI Food Safari returns once again with a star studded cast of Australian chefs including Maggie Beer and Simon Bryant returning for their second year in the saddle, and joined by acclaimed restaurateur, Damien Pignolet. Kicking off from August 24 – 30, the Safari is a hands-on, muddy-boots paddock and vineyard discovery of Kangaroo Island’s best produce and its journey to the plates and glasses at Southern Ocean Lodge. The iconic culinary trio team up with Lodge Chef, Tim Bourke to cook, sample and explore produce across the fertile island.
The six night itinerary will include a working experience at the Sheep Milk Dairy, a visit to the green pastures of Southrock Lamb and the shady groves of KI Olive Oil. Guests might pluck marron and abalone from the farm and shuck oysters from the leases at Kangaroo Island Premium Oysters. Relax with good company and enjoy fine winery lunches, cooking demonstrations, Southern Ocean BBQs and sunset drinks at Remarkable Rocks. Finish with the day’s harvest celebrated in a spectacular menu enjoyed around the table at Southern Ocean Lodge. Don’t miss out on this gourmet event of the year if you happen to be down under or are looking for a reason to go.
For reservations visit the Southern Ocean Lodge.
- 6 nights accommodation in your preferred luxury suite from just AU$5,940 per person twin share.
- All dining, open bar* with premium wines and spirits, in-suite bar, selected guided Kangaroo Island experiences and island airport transfers (*cellarmasters list additional)
- Return airfare with Regional Express between Adelaide and Kingscote, Kangaroo Island
- KI Food Safari itinerary of epicurean excursions
- The fine company of KI Food Safari leaders, Maggie Beer, Simon Bryant and Damien Pignolet, plus a swag of special guests and local food and wine identities.
- Bonus – All excursions, Safari Leaders, return airfares and safari kit included.