If you’ve been longing to channel your inner rock star, then the funky Geejam hotel in Jamaica is where you need to be. The hotel is currently offering an atypical beach holiday with the new “Jam-cation Package” that lets guests relax, recharge, and record a “hit” song. The lush Port Antonio property’s on-site recording studio has played host to some of music’s top talent (think Amy Winehouse, Drake, Rihanna, Gwen Stefani and No Doubt) and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and a stellar team of producers and engineers trained to perfect the voice. So why not get off the couch, turn off “The Voice,” and get out there yourself!
The property contains seven double rooms, consisting of three deluxe cabins (Ska, Mento and Rocksteady), one suite (Drum & Base), and a self-contained three-bedroom villa (Sanwood), as well as an exclusive private villa (Panorama) with three guest suites and a private pool. Also included are a state-of-the-art recording studio, healing spa, swimming pool (Sanwood only), gym and Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds. Not to mention, it’s own stunning private beach. Nearby is Frenchman’s Cove–known as one of the world’s top five beaches–and the equally enchanting Blue Lagoon.
Shorten that bucket list with the Jam-cation Package including:
- Accommodations in the Drum & Bass Suite: Jam-cation guests will stay in this airy suite, located beneath the recording studio with a private deck and panoramic ocean views.
- Four-hour studio session: Sit down with Geejam’s music producers to go over the recording process before brainstorming song possibilities and getting into the nitty-gritty of how the composition will come together.
- One-hour listening party: Debut the hit single with a celebration among ten friends at the hotel’s Bushbar, complete with complimentary cocktails.
- Day-trip to Winnifred Beach: Take an inspirational trip to where the local Rastafarians hang out and cook up a mean Ital stew!
- Swedish massage: Calm the nerves prior to heading into the studio or unwind post-session.
- Roundtrip airport transfers: Geejam will provide transfers to the hotel from Kingston Airport or Ken Jones Airstrip (for guests flying privately).
For that extra hit of professional talent and local flavor, Geejam can also arrange for their house mento band, the Jolly Boys, to join guests in the studio as a backup band. *The Jolly Boys have been tapping the bongos, strumming acoustic guitars, and shaking the maracas since Errol Flynn first moved to Port Antonio and discovered the group.
Whether or not you record the latest hit, Geejam will leave you feeling like a rockstar. As the legendary Grace Jones summed up in the guestbook: “I came. I saw. You conquered me!”
Rates: The Jam-cation package starts at $1,728 per night (with a five-night stay minimum) and includes daily breakfast and tax and service charges. *Recording with the Jolly Boys is an additional cost and subject to availability.
For more information or to book the package visit www.geejamhotel.com or call 1.888.4.GEEJAM.